As Frisco ISD varsity football teams open the season this week, there will be a number of protocol changes as the District follows COVID-19 mitigation guidelines set forth by the state and the University Interscholastic League.
First, social-distancing requirements will require that attendance at FISD Memorial Stadium, Ford Center and Toyota Stadium be capped well below capacity. For that reason, families of student participants have the first opportunity to purchase tickets. Tickets for the general public will go on sale online at 8 a.m. on the Wednesday before the game (regardless of whether the game is scheduled for Thursday or Friday).
Tickets are only available online, and can be purchased here:
Once tickets are purchased, fans should be aware of requirements for guests at FISD Memorial Stadium, Ford Center at the Star and Toyota Stadium.
• Each spectator age 5 and up must wear a face covering while inside the venue.
• Masks are required to enter the venue and will not be provided.
• Spectators must sit in assigned seats. During the 2020 season, there are no general admission tickets.
• Social distancing required (at least six feet between family groups).
Bag policies have also been updated. Frisco ISD limits the size and types of bags entering FISD Memorial Stadium and Toyota Stadium for all events and encourages guests to not bring any type of bag into the venue. If bags are needed, they must follow the guidelines outlined in the FISD Bag Policy.
• Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC totes that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
• Clear one-gallon resealable storage bags
• Small clutch purses/bags approximately the size of a hand – not to exceed 5.5” x 6.5” in size – with or without a handle or strap
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
• Purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, computer bags, binocular bags, camera bags, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
During the 2020 fall season, the bag policy at the Ford Center will be the same as at FISD Memorial Stadium and Toyota Stadium.
Frisco ISD appreciates the support of all fans as we strive to have a great season while emphasizing the safety of our students, staff and community.